CALL FOR STANDARDS SESSIONS
CALL FOR PAPERS IS NOW CLOSED
The IEEE EMC Society is seeking proposals for Standards Sessions to be included in the technical program of the 2019 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Signal and Power Integrity in New Orleans, Louisiana USA. We invite proposals on all aspects of EMC and SIPI standards and standardization and related technologies. Prospective organizers of a Standards Session should send their proposals via email to Alistair Duffy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions must be in Word or PDF format. Standards Sessions will be held held Tuesday through Thursday and are typically scheduled for one-half day. A standards session is one that addresses specific topics of high current interest, emerging technology, or those that of particular interest to the region in which the symposium is being held. Standards Sessions shall include between four and seven technical papers and may include tutorial lectures and also a workshop or discussion format.
Standards Session Proposal Schedule
- Proposals for Standards Sessions will be accepted from October 1, 2018 to December 12, 2019 SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
- Late proposals will not be accepted
- Notification of acceptance decision will be made by January 6, 2019
Standards Session Paper Schedule
- Standards Session Papers must be submitted by February 16, 2019
- Late papers will not be accepted
- Final version of Standards Session papers from all authors are due no later than April 19, 2019
ATTENTION STANDARDS SESSION ORGANIZERS AND AUTHORS
Authors of potential technical papers for a Standards Session are strongly encouraged to submit their papers as regular papers following the schedule and process for regular papers, instead of following the Standards Session Paper schedule or waiting for approval of the Standards Session Proposal.
This option has the major advantage for authors that, if the Standards Session Proposal is not selected, the paper will still be reviewed on its own merits and so can be accepted for publication at the symposium. If the Standards Session is accepted, the Standards Session organizers can refer to the paper submission number and the paper will be transferred to the Standards Session.
STANDARDS SESSION ORGANIZER RESPONSIBILITIES
For proposals that are accepted, the Standards Session organizer will be responsible for soliciting technical papers, corresponding with session speakers, ensuring deadlines are met by the speakers, corresponding with the symposium committee, and moderating the session at the symposium.
All technical papers for a Standards Session are peer reviewed through the same process as all other technical paper submissions and must be original contributions. Tutorial papers ARE acceptable in a Standards Session.
Proposals will be reviewed and evaluated for:
- Importance of topic
- Novelty and originality
- Technical depth
- Readability and clarity of proposal
- Attractiveness of the proposal for the symposium and expected attendees
- Standards Sessions with only one speaker will not be accepted-
CONTENT OF PROPOSAL SUBMISSIONS
Proposals for special sessions must contain the following information:
- Title of the Standards Session, making reference to the current standards or standards development project, where relevant.
- Abstract detailing the content of the session
- Statement of what makes the session special
- Name of the Standards Session Chair with full contact information, including address, telephone number, e-mail address and company/affiliation name
- List of planned authors/presenters and paper subjects with titles if available
- Primary audience and secondary audience being targeted
The template file for presenters can be found here. The screen size is 16:9 widescreen.
Please send your submissions to: