SIPI CALL FOR PAPERS
CALL FOR PAPERS IS NOW OPEN!
Join your colleagues in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, where you can share your insight, ask questions, learn from the experts and innovators and see new products at 2019 IEEE International Conference on Signal and Power Integrity (SIPI 2019), an embedded conference within the 2019 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Signal and Power Integrity, in the week of July 22-26, 2019. Registered attendees will have access to the entire EMC Symposium program, in addition to the programs of SIPI 2019, without additional fees. As high-speed designs continue evolving, signal/power integrity and other EMC problems become tightly related to each other. Thus, the conference provides a unique opportunity for attendees to exchange ideas and share experiences relevant for today’s high-speed designs.
INFORMATION for Authors
Conference proceedings will be submitted for posting to IEEE Xplore. In addition, authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their symposium paper for possible publication in a special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility.
PAPER TOPICS OF INTEREST
Topics include and are not limited to the following technical areas.
High-speed link/bus design
• High-speed interconnect design and optimization (component and/or system level)
• Interconnect modeling and extraction
• Channel analysis
Power integrity analysis and design
• PDN (power delivery network) design and optimization
• Design, analysis, simulation, modeling and measurement techniques
Passive component modeling and measurement techniques
• Modeling and characterization of PCB, package, connector, cable, etc.
• Calibration, De-embedding
• Simulation and measurement correlation
Jitter/Noise modeling and analysis
• Jitter/Noise/Crosstalk/BER budgeting, analysis, and measurement
SI/PI/EMC co-simulation and co-design
• Signal/power integrity for chip/package/board/connector/ cable design
• Signal integrity and power integrity co-analysis
• System-level SI/PI/EMI co-design
Numerical modeling and simulation techniques
• High-frequency and electromagnetic simulation techniques
• Simulation and measurement correlation
• Advanced simulation tools/algorithms
• Device modeling and characterization
2.5D/3D/Exotic ICs and emerging technologies
• On-chip and off-chip high-speed signaling techniques
• 2.5D/3D IC and TSV, etc.
• IOT and 5G signal and power Integrity
• RF, microwave and mixed signal analysis, etc.
AUTHOR SUBMISSION SCHEDULE FOR PAPERS
• Preliminary Full Paper Manuscript: October 1, 2018 - January 6, 2019 (late papers will not be accepted)
• Acceptance Notification: February 16, 2019
• Final Paper Due: April 19, 2019
Traditional Oral presentation: Presentation for those interested in presenting to large groups with limited potential for interactions with attendees. Six-page paper maximum, 20-minute presentation with 10-minute question and answer session.
Poster Paper: Presentation for those interested in direct interaction with individuals or small groups.
STUDENT PAPER CONTEST
Graduate and undergraduate authors are eligible for the Best Student Paper contest. The student must be the primary author and should indicate that they wish to be considered for the contest when submitting the preliminary manuscript. Each student’s professor will be asked to certify that the paper is primarily the work of the student. A Student Design Contest is also being held.
SPECIAL ISSUE OF IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON EMC
Authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their symposium paper for possible inclusion in a special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility featuring papers from the 2019 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Signal Integrity and Power Integrity. These submissions will be subjected to the same rigorous review as papers submitted for publication in regular issues of the IEEE Transactions on EMC.
GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS & SUBMITTAL PROCEDURES
Prospective authors must submit electronically**.
• A preliminary manuscript (4 – 6 pages), including all relevant results and conclusions
• Choice of presentation format (traditional oral or poster paper)
** Preliminary manuscripts and final papers are to be submitted using the link provided below. During the electronic submission process a unique author code is created for tracking purposes. Submissions are reviewed anonymously; please do not include author names or affiliations on the Preliminary Manuscript. Failure to comply with submission requirements may result in rejection.
PAPER ACCEPTANCE PROCEDURES & CRITERIA
• Importance of Topic: Does it have direct significance to the EMC and/or SIPI community?
• Technical Sophistication and Depth: Does it present information that is a significant contribution, advancement, application or refinement of the state of the art? Does it expose the reader to a higher knowledge level than currently available from other sources?
• Readability, Clarity and Presentation: Is the value of the submission clearly defined? Is the material written in clear and concise English, with topics presented in an organized and logical manner?
• Novelty and Originality: Does it propose a new and unique concept or expand on an existing premise from a unique point of view?
PAPER SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN!
The template files to be used for all paper submissions can be found here:
Please submit Preliminary Manuscripts using our online submission system.
The template file for presenters can be found here. The screen size is 16:9 widescreen.